Cuddle Bug Chinchillas does not ship chinchillas. We believe that shipping chinchillas is too stressful for the animal.
Steps to purchasing a chinchilla:
- Select a chinchilla
- Go to the Contact Us page, and email us to confirm availability and to make arrangements for paying a deposit or to schedule an appointment. Include the chinchilla’s ID number/name in the email.
- Send a deposit or drop it by in person. Deposits can be sent through PayPal. Include the chinchilla’s ID/name in the payment. You may, also, send a money order or cashier’s check through the mail, or make arrangements to drop it by in person. You do not have to pay a deposit, but we cannot guarantee the chinchilla’s availability without a deposit.
- Visit our home to pick up your chinchilla. Any outstanding balance is due at the pick up time in cash, check, paypal payment, or credit card(card must be present and readable). We will, a this time, have you fill out some paperwork.
- Do not send a deposit/payment without confirming that the chinchilla is still available. Often, multiple parties are interested in the same animal.
- We will not be held responsible for lost payments. Please, notify us when you send a deposit or payment so we can let you know when it arrives.
- We will not accept a deposit or payment on a chinchilla that is less than 8 weeks old.
- Kits remain with their mothers until they are 8 weeks old and stay here for an additional 4 weeks to make sure that they are doing well on their own.
- We prefer not to take full payment on a kit that has not yet been weaned.
If you select a chinchilla that is not ready to leave, or you cannot pick it up right away, the chinchilla can be put on hold with a deposit. A deposit requires a non-refundable fee of 50% of the purchase price or $50.00 (which ever is greater). We accept cash, credit cards, and PayPal payments. A copy of this sales agreement will be emailed to you and must be completed, signed and returned to us. You can also stop by to fill it out in person. The hold will start when once the deposit and signed sales agreement are received. The chinchilla will be held for 2 weeks if ready, or 2 weeks past its ready date. After that, we require that you pay a $21.00 per week boarding fee, to continue to hold the chinchilla.
The balance of the chinchilla’s price is due upon pickup. The deposit and any payments will be subtracted from the total price. Any remaining balance must be paid at the time of pick up. If you do not pick up the chinchilla at the end of the agreed upon hold period, your deposit is forfeited, and the chinchilla will be placed back on the sale list.
We will schedule a maximum of 2 appointments to pickup the chinchilla. If you miss 2 appointments, you have canceled the sale. The chinchilla will then be placed back up for sale, and your deposit forfeited. Appointments will only be rescheduled, if we are contacted 24 prior to the appointemnt time.
If, at any time prior to full payment, you decide not to purchase the chinchilla, your deposit will be forfeited.
If, the chinchilla does not work out for you, Cuddle Bug Chinchillas will provide a one-time only exchange for another chinchilla of similar price. Refunds may be given, minus the deposit, within 14 days of purchase.
Cuddle Bug Chinchillas reserves the right to cancel or postpone the sale of any chinchilla. If this happens, you may:
- Wait for the chinchilla to become available again.
- Put the deposit towards another animal OR
- Receive a full refund of the deposit (cancelled sales only)
- All chinchillas are healthy when sold, therefore, all vet bills are your responsibility.
- Proper care and feeding of the chinchilla will be done according to the breeder’s recommendations. If not followed, the health guarantee becomes void.